There is an increasing crisis of addictions within our society and in the midst of this crisis, we are left to wonder whether the gospel makes any difference in how we view and work through addictions. While no course can pretend to work through all the different aspects of how the gospel relates to addictions, in this course we will explore some ways in which the good news of Jesus Christ impacts how we look at them and how Christ can lead us out of the slavery of addictions. Some of the topics that will be covered include:
- What is the relationship between worship and addiction?
- How does Christ's righteousness open the door for freedom from an addiction?
- How do cycles of addiction relate to the Christian life?
- What role does the body of Christ (i.e., the Church) play in overcoming an addiction?
- What are some practical things the Bible points us to when seeking freedom from an addiction?
All are invited come as the class is a standalone class and is free to the public. Our newest therapist, Dr. Ryan O'Farrell will be teaching the class. To learn more about O'Farrell's background and specializations, check out his bio here. Click the link below to register today!